Our financial services team has worked for a number of financial institutions including high street retail banks, overseas financial institutions both unlisted and listed on the London Stock Exchange, investment banks, brokers, hedge funds and payment providers, providing advice on a broad range of corporate, commercial and employment issues. The mixture of experience is both from a private practice and in-house perspective which enables our lawyers to provide truly commercial advice.
As the financial services sector landscape changes and clients experience peaks and troughs of activity, our lawyers are able to use their sector experience to hit the ground running and provide clients with timely support on either an ad hoc or longer-term placement basis.
The Halebury team advises on:
- Major outsourcing of bank infrastructure such as IT, telecoms and networks using BPO and joint venture outsourcings;
- Global procurement deals;
- Setting up framework arrangements for offshore services and resources;
- Negotiating global agreements between e-payment providers and international mobile carrier groups;
- Securing authorisation to provide e-money services from the Financial Conduct Authority;
- Regulatory compliance (for private companies as well as UK premium and AIM listed companies) and best corporate governance practice, including advice on market abuse, insider dealing, anti money laundering and other financial crime;
- Set up and membership of payment schemes;
- Corporate matters including listings, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence and specific in-house investment banking and equity capital market mandate advice;
- Negotiation of engagement letters and confidentiality agreements;
- Employment matters including TUPE, discrimination claims, and unfair dismissal claims.